2.25.2011

New Designers: BOYS BOYS BOYS

I'm going to talk about BOYS BOYS BOYS, a new brand i discovered sometimes ago. Their printed t-shirts and tank tops are something different from any other alternative designer's items, there's something new and artistic in BOYS BOYS BOYS clothes. On the brand's online shop you can also find 5Preview, Actual Pain, Voodoo Chanel and many other new designer's clothes and accessories at affordable prices.


Here's an interview with Yves Hanke, the mind behind BOYS BOYS BOYS


1.Who's behind BOYS BOYS BOYS?
Yves Hanke 31,  former manager of American Apparel in Hamburg. I never studied design or anything about fashion. I worked for AA for more than 2 years and after a quick encounter at Urban Outfitters (I opened their first store in Germany and was also a manager there for a short time) I decided that the time has come to create my own label and open a shop.


2.How did you start your brand?
it started out with a t-shirt I made for a very good friends birthday, the very first BOYS BOYS BOYS t-shirt. after I finished the shirt I decided not to give to him as a present but to wear it myself at his party, because I liked it so much...
and I got amazing reactions from all the other guests, people I never met would to take pictures with me in the shirt, that never happend to me!! then I started to make more t-shirts for my friends and people I know and of course for my friend that had birthday as well...I opened the webshop with only one product ;-) and about one year later I opened BBB selling both the BBB brand and others such as D RKSH D W, Silent by Damir Doma, 5Preview, April77, Patrick Mohr, Henrik Vibskov and more, only stuff and labels you can't get anywhere else in Hamburg sometimes not even in Germany.


3.Who/What inspires you?
I would say street life is the most important source for my inspiration, I love walking the streets of Berlin, Paris or as recently Hong Kong and "study" the looks of the people, what they wear, to which occasions, how they combine things ...
I don't see fashion as this fast and loud thing as it sometimes tends to be. You should feel confident and secure with what you're wearing, use fashion as a way to express you, there is nothing wrong with wearing a black suit everyday if this who you are and if you feel good, better than following every trend just to impress others, every contact starts or ends with formality and thats not shallow or superficial at all so use it, think what you want to say about you with what you're wearing! 







A big "thank you" to Yves Hanke (BBB designer), Marius Drews (Photographer) and Tim Neugebauer (model)



No comments:

Post a Comment